ORGANISATION/COMPANYJosep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC)
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Badalona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
IJC Campus ICO-GTIP (Badalona) is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join the Leukemia and Immuno-Oncology group, led by Dr. Laura Belver. Our research is focused on the study of the molecular mechanisms driving leukemogenesis and on the identification of new therapeutic targets that can potentially translate into novel strategies for the treatment of leukemia patients. More specifically, one of our main interests is to identify and characterize non-coding genetic alterations that can induce aberrant enhancer activity, and function as drivers of leukemia transformation or contribute to leukemia progression through other means.
In addition, we are interested in the specific role of the immune system in developing antitumor responses. In particular, we will focus on the molecular characterization of the beneficial and deleterious responses induced by the use of immune-checkpoint inhibitors for the treatment of different tumor types.
Please also visit our group webpage:
What we need
- Graduated as a Lab Technician in Clinical and Biomedical Analysis.
- Experience in managing, provisioning and purchasing.
- Previous experience as a lab technician will be positively considered.
- Interested in working with patient samples and mouse models.
- Intermediate level of English (it will be evaluated during the interview).
- Managing and provisioning of the laboratory.
- Reception of samples and reagents.
- Mouse colony managing.
- Patient sample processing.
- Experimental technical support.
What we offer
- Full time job.
- Temporary position.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com including the reference LABT_LB_44
Deadline for Applications: October 4th 2020.
EURAXESS offer ID: 561962
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.