Skip to main content
Working in EuropeWork permitPortugal

Work Permit


If you are a Third-Country national, and once you have your resident permit you can request the EU Blue Card


The EU Blue Card is the residence permit that allows the holder to reside and to engage in national territory, a highly skilled activity, under and in accordance with the legislation in force. The request must be made ​​when on national territory, while residence visa is still valid for the purpose.

The EU Blue Card is issued, in Portugal, under legislation Law nr. 29/2012 (9th August, PT version only) and Regulatory Decree nr. 2/2013 (18th March, PT version only) 
  • Application: The EU Blue Card can be requested, by prior appointment, on the spot in any SEF Delegation.   
  • Documentation requirements to apply for the Residence Permit "EU Blue Card"
  • Contacts: 
    • Foreigners and Boarders Service 

      Phone | (+351) 217 115 000 or (+351) 965 903 700

      E-mail |