ORGANISATION NAMEThe State Education Development Agency
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
The purpose of the programme "PostDoc Latvia" - to develop the skills of new scientists and to increase the scientific capacity, ensuring the possibilities for new scientists to start a career in scientific institutions and with enterprises, as well as improvement of research competencies, renewal of human resources and increase in the number of qualified specialists.
The total eligible funding planned for implementation of research applications is 51 029 231 euro.
Available funding for the 4rd call is 11.4 million, including EUR 5.7 million euro for economic research and EUR 5.7 million euro for non-economic research (1.1 million euro is planned for fundamental research).
One grant is up to 111 505 euros and 30 months to perform research in Latvia, including:
- full time employment contract with salary 2 731 euros per month including all taxes;
- other research expenses, such as costs of materials, protection of technology rights, external services, data processing, training and networking measures, set at 800 euros per month;
- administrative costs set at 185.83 euros per month.
What is funded
A Post-doctoral researcher may perform the following activities:
- Applied and fundamental research
- acquisition of intellectual property and technology rights
- knowledge and technology transfer
- training, international mobility and networking
- supervision and reviews of bachelor's, master's and doctoral thesis
- Preparation of other research or innovation projects proposals
The maximum total eligible funding of a research application shall be 111 505 euros.
The maximum duration of the project implementation is 30 months.
The target group of the programme is postdoctoral researchers – Latvian or foreign researchers who have acquired a doctorate not more than 10 years before the deadline for submitting the research application.
A research applicant is a scientific institution or enterprise of the Republic of Latvia, which establishes employment relations with a postdoctoral researcher and ensures access to infrastructure and human resources for implementation of the research necessary within the scope of the research application.
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.